Enter the amount of miles you cycle below and press 'Calculate' to see how much money you are saving!
Your daily commuting by bike saves you
- Cost per mile is 45p
- Fuel refers to petrol driven cars
- Health calculation courtesy of World Health Organisation
- This is an estimated number calories burned. Variables such as the bike, terrain, hills, the aerodynamic efficiency of your tuck, and how efficient your body is, will all impact the amount of calories burned and have not been taken into account
- The formula is supplied by Gary Stafford - Tracking Calories on the Bicycle
Instructions on how to use this calculator:
- Open the calculator
- Enable macros
- Add your milage into cell C4 (yellow cell) and press enter
- The results will be displayed in each cell
You can hover your mouse over the boxes to read how we've come by the figures (or read the additional 'calculations' sheet).
This calculator has been produced and supplied by Paul Adams (North Tyneside Council Travel Plan Team) and Amy Carroll (Cobalt Business Park Travel Plan Team)
The figures generated are estimates, subject to a number of variables, and are for guidance only